Green Tea & Zazen: More Haiku

Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Steam rises off the tea,
aromas of jasmine and flowers -
my morning meditation.



Sitting in the doorsill,
the trees wave hello to me -
the white clouds wink blue.



In no hurry,
I pass my pipe
to the Moon.




Rubbing his belly,
the cat makes biscuits in the sky -
he clearly sees the point!



Room full of God,
a vision of the Heavenly light -
all in this buzzing moment.



Through the holes of the net
I used to try to catch myself -
I learned to love.




An old blanket hangs
upon the creaky wooden bench -
the garden Buddha just laughs.



Pen across paper -
this is my meditation,
my poetic peace.



The trees sway as one
as the breeze rustles through -
what a wiggly world!
(for Alan Watts)




Inspiration:
The Half-Dipper
Alan Watts ~ Zen Bones

0 comments:

Post a Comment